CEILS Services for Graduate Students and Postdocs
CEILS offers support to graduate students and post-docs through various events and programs.
Future Faculty Programs
- CIRTL – The Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching, and Learning is a national network of which UCLA is a member. Through CIRTL graduate students and post-docs can access resources and programming to prepare for careers that will include teaching
- IRACDA Fellowships through UCLA UPLIFT – This program provides funding for post-doctoral scholars dedicated to developing skills in scientific teaching in addition to research. UPLIFT offers faculty mentorship and includes teaching experience opportunities for post-docs at California State University, Los Angeles.
Training for Teaching Assistants
- The Office of Instructional Development (OID) leads annual trainings and additional programming for TAs across campus. CEILS works with OID and the College of Life Sciences to provide supplemental and specialized support for TAs in the Life and Physical Sciences through a daylong train-the-trainer event for lead TAs. This event provides specific pedagogical techniques proven to be effective for large science courses, with specific guidance on how to share and practice these techniques with other teaching assistants.
Workshops and Events
- CEILS Journal Club meets weekly to present and discuss research on science education. Journal Club is open to graduate students and post-docs as well as faculty.
- On-campus, off-campus, and online events are announced on our website and through our bi-monthly newsletter. Many of these events are open to graduate students and post-docs.
For additional programs for UCLA graduate students and postdoctoral scholars please visit: STEM Programs for Graduate Students and Postdocs
Need additional information? Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will follow-up.
Join the CEILS mailing list! Click on the button below to start receiving our bi-monthly newsletter which includes events, program information, funding opportunities, and job postings for graduate students and post-docs.