Campus Resources and Support Services Around UCLA Available to Students
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING AN EMERGENCY WITH A STUDENT, CONTACT THE CONSULTATION & RESPONSE TEAM 310-825-7291 or 310-825-0682, email@example.com and www.studentincrisis.ucla.edu.
Click here to view UCLA’s Red Folder with resources for assisting students in distress.
Resources for Students:
Note: Consider providing the following list to your students in your syllabus or posting as a resource on CCLE.
- Academic Achievement Program: AAP advocates and facilitates the access, academic success, and graduation of students who have been historically underrepresented in higher education; informs and prepares students for graduate and professional schools; and develops the academic, scientific, political, economic, and community leadership necessary to transform society. Learn more at http://www.aap.ucla.edu/
- UCLA Residential Life – Academic Support on the Hill: (310) 825-9315 free workshops on a wide variety of issues relating to academic & personal success. https://reslife.ucla.edu/academics/
- Academic Counseling: Academic counseling can help students determine how to fulfill requirements, create degree objectives, or decide on a major. http://www.registrar.ucla.edu/Academics/Academic-Counseling
- Bruin Resource Center: Student Activities Center, Suite B44: (310) 825-3945; http://www.brc.ucla.edu/
Bruin Guardian Scholars: http://www.guardianscholars.ucla.edu/
Bruin Guardian Scholars Academy: http://www.bgsa.ucla.edu/
Free Meals: http://www.brc.ucla.edu/Resources
GRIT Peer Coaching Program: http://www.grit.ucla.edu/
Intergroup Relations Program: http://www.igr.ucla.edu/
Students with Dependents Program: http://www.swd.ucla.edu/
Transfer Student Center: http://www.transfers.ucla.edu/
Veterans Resource Center: http://www.veterans.ucla.edu/
Undocumented Student Program: http://www.usp.ucla.edu/
- Career Center: Don’t wait until your senior year – visit the career center today! http://www.career.ucla.edu/
- Center for Accessible Education: A255 Murphy Hall: (310) 825-1501, TDD (310) 206-6083; http://www.cae.ucla.edu/
- Clubs, Organizations, Recreation: http://www.ucla.edu/campus-life/clubs-organizations-and-recreation
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), Wooden Center West: (310) 825-0768 www.caps.ucla.edu
- Dashew Center for International Students and Scholars, 106 Bradley Hall: (310) 825-1681 www.internationalcenter.ucla.edu
- Dean of Students Office; 1206 Murphy Hall: (310) 825-3871; www.deanofstudents.ucla.edu
- First to Go: UCLA’s First To Go Program provides support for First-Generation to College Bruins. First-Gen Bruins represent a little over 30% of the undergraduate population and UCLA is committed to their success!
- Healthy Campus Initiave: http://healthy.ucla.edu/
- LGBTQ Resource Center: Education and advocacy services supporting intersectional identity development as well as fostering unity, wellness, and an open, safe, and inclusive environment for UCLA’s LGBTQ community; http://www.lgbt.ucla.edu/
- Library: Get help with your research, find study spaces, attend a workshop, rent a laptop, and more. Learn more: http://www.library.ucla.edu/
- Study Spaces for Groups: http://www.library.ucla.edu/support/support-students/find-places-study-collaborate
- Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Report an incident, access resources and attend public events: https://equity.ucla.edu/
- Recreation and FitWell: http://www.recreation.ucla.edu/fitwell
- Scientific papers – resources for how to teach students to read scientific papers
- Student Legal Services; A239 Murphy Hall: (310) 825-9894; www.studentlegal.ucla.edu
- Study Strategies for Students: http://www.learningscientists.org/blog/2018/1/11-1
- Undergraduate Research Portal: The Undergraduate Research Portal helps students and faculty connect over research opportunities. It’s available now under the Academics tab on MyUCLA and can be directly accessed at, urp.my.ucla.edu
- Undergraduate Writing Center: Peer learning facilitators (PLFs) are undergraduates who understand the challenges of writing at UCLA. Scheduled appointment and walk-in options are available, see www.wp.ucla.edu/uwc for more information about writing programs and to get assistance with your writing.
- UCLA ONE: An interactive, online gateway for mentorship, professional networking, peer driven career advice and exclusive job leads. (Similar to LinkedIn for the UCLA community): https://uclaone.com/
- UCLA WI+RE: UCLA’s Writing Instruction and Research Education provides quick and practical research and writing strategies, collaboratively designed by students, teachers, and librarians at UCLA.